CyclingSA Membership and Licensing Policy 2012
All riders taking part in Cycling South Africa (CyclingSA) sanctioned events are required to be a Member of CyclingSA for the year in which the race takes place, or to have a valid day license for every day of participation. Membership or a day license is a race entry requirement and is thus a prerequisite to enter a race.
2012 Licensing Process
- Everyone must join CyclingSA as a member
- Once you are a member, you can upgrade to a full racing license
- Or... You can take a day license for every day you race
- CyclingSA Membership R75.00
- CyclingSA Racing License R350.00
- Day License R35.00
- Membership will be available through the CyclingSA web site (www.cyclingsa.com) or affiliated online entry companies.
- CyclingSA require all members to be a member of an affiliate (province) and a club. These options are all available on the CyclingSA website.
- Membership will entitle riders to race, be seeded and participate in CyclingSA sanctioned events (exceptions are detailed under “Racing License”.)
CSA Racing License (UCI License)
- A Racing license can only be bought once you are a member of CyclingSA
- This is done through the CyclingSA website
- You can upgrade your membership to Racing License at any stage
- A license card will be issued and posted to you
- A racing license allows a rider to represent South Africa and participate in UCI sanctioned events
- SA Championship events, SA Colours and CyclingSA points require a racing license
- Racing Licenses are for all riders 16 years and older. Youth Riders and younger can race and get all the racing license benefits as a CyclingSA Member.
CyclingSA Licensing System
CyclingSA have developed a new online data management system that will be fast, efficient and easy to use, and has the following features:
- National Seeding System
- National Points system
- Online Entry System for CyclingSA events (such as SA Championship events)
- National Calendar and race information system
- Rider communication system
- National Results system
- Connectivity to all affiliated online entry companies and timing systems
For the full story, as well as related Q&A, visit www.cyclingsa.com.